18 March, 2010

oh, it's been a while...

Wow! It's been a while since I have been here. Things have changed. I am working again full time for a lovely jewelry design and production studio, AND I am trying to keep my little baking business going as well. Baking on the weekends seems to be working out. I am finding that it's a bit harder to be baking on a "school/ work" night. Sunday baking into a Monday seemed okay...the Thursday baking into Friday nearly killed me. Nothing was working. The carrot cake was sliding, the frosting was too loose, oh the calamity of it all- so much so that I had to make another batch of frosting ( or "spackle") in order to hold the cake in place and in shape! Let me tell you the fun I was having at 2 in the morning. I finally got to bed at 3am for that gem.

 Which leads me to my last cake, which is why I am still up and letting you see and updating you on what has been going on with JujyCakes.
More to come about the juggling of JujyCakes with my new full time job, I am getting too old to be burning the candle at both ends---time for bed for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment