09 June, 2011

Yes... I am still making cakes, and other things...


Well, it's been a while and I am always forgeting to snap a picture. This one was already in the box, waiting for pickup. This goodness was needed for a retirement afternoon tea. I thought a golden butter cake would be the ticket, and soaked the layers in orange blossom syrup, layered with handmade zesty lemon curd and more fresh raspberries. The delicious goodness looked beautiful a la Miette- style, but thought it needed the vanilla-lemon meringue buttercream to hug the layers then topped them with more raspberries, sugar pearls and sparkling sugar. 

I don't know how many more cake orders I will be taking for a while,  since I am working in a very small kitchen, and my workflow is not what it was or should be. Baking is causing more stress than it should since I love to do it and enjoy all the creativity- just not in this kitchen.
Stay tuned...I still see scones, tarts and cupcakes in my current situation. Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment