01 November, 2011

Goodbye old friend, ...



Well, the day has finally come to say goodbye to my Cuisinart DLC-7E. We’ve been friends ever since we met on Christmas Day, 1981. Santa left you under my tree along with Erika’s first Christmas presents that year. It’s hard to believe all the wonderful things we’ve done over these past 30 years!
You helped me struggle with making pie crusts. You held up beautifully with all the watermelon granita I kept making, and all those frozen pieces of melon banging against your lexan workbowl #1. After a while after all the “ice”, I had to buy a new workbowl#2 for the powerful motor, that would allow me to cut up tons of veggies, chop chocolate, pecans, and my favorite making scones, scones, and more scones. Nothing blends cold butter into flour like you, my friend. 
Alas, your workbowl has broken in places that will not allow it stay attached to the base, and the electrical connection isn’t as tight as it used to be when you were younger. I tried to find a replacement workbowl #3, feed tube, sleeve and new metal blade, but alas, for $154, it’s time for us to part ways. 
You have served me well, and I have a feeling the new friend is not going to last me another 30 years like you did. We made one last batch of scones together. Your parts although broken and worn are washed and ready to go; it’s time to take a rest. You will be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment