17 October, 2009

I'm tired today after helping my "friends"

 
I donated some goodies to help some friends with the annual Fall fundraiser at West Chester Friends School. I got carried away and in typical "over- achiever" fashion, made a lot and made some mistakes along the way since I was "getting" tired. I made chiffon cakes but I must have overbeaten the batter since those "exploded" in the pan and texture was borderline "sponge". I made a batch of dulce de leche brownies and completed them frosting and all BUT when I tasted them...I forgot the sugar!!! ARRGH, wasted 2 pounds of butter and nearly a pound of chocolate. FINALLY got into the groove and made pumpkin chiffon cupcakes (24), re did the brownies (24), brown sugar pound cupcakes (24), carrot cake, 36 butter cookies (cutouts, no less), 13 sheep heads and 25 pairs of eyeballs from gum paste and royal icing. AND to top it all off, since there was a "cakewalk" today, made a 3 layer carrot cake with all the trimmings!!!

YEAH, I don't know what I was thinking! Stayed up till 2:30 am, working on my brochure and line list, only to have left that at home when I was making the delivery.
YEAH- that's what I get from drinking decaf on Friday, what was I thinking!!!

Anyhow...maybe it's a good thing the weather is so "wintry", so I will hunker down and stay put!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=162357&id=807147500&l=5a00f07de6

No comments:

Post a Comment