23 October, 2009

On my way to better pictures!


OK! My brother kindly and gently told me that I could be taking better pictures for everything that I am trying to publish. I am the first to admit that photography is not something I'm good at. I am good at visuals, but I'm the kind of person that is touchy, feel-y...so staging and propping to take a picture? Not so much...

One would have thought since our Dad was a professional photographer and graphic artist, that some of this talent would have come thru our genes. I may have gotten some of the graphics genes; my brother Matt has the graphic and photography genes.

We (he) spent hours setting up the lights and set, and took over 70+ pics on my Canon A2000IS and on his Nikon D90. His Nikon is a gem, and maybe one day,( IF I get better at this) I could consider something more. BUT since I am a novice at best, we found all the right settings for me to recreate better pictures like the ones you see- that were taken with my Canon. They're not retouched yet, but they are a world better than everything I have going so far.  HEY, I'm new at this!!!

I took copious notes, and have to be on the search for better props that will highlight the baking. I am looking more closely at the work of great food blogger sites like, Food Gawker, Matt Bites, Smitten Kitchen...

so...stay tuned and thanks for your patience- I promise that there will be better pictures real soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment