12 January, 2010

Thinking spring and summertime...


I was thinking it's time to think about Spring even though it's like 18 degrees outside with a wind chill of something cold and crazy!

These are "pina colada" cupcakes- coconut cake filled with pineapple/rum (just a tad) filling topped with vanilla coconut meringue buttercream with toasted coconut. I still didn't recreate the photo set that my brother was kind to do for me. With all the Holiday stuff, I had to take it down- so the photos are needing some tweaking.

Finally, I can show the finished one, the "peel" and what the insides look like. Of course I had to taste it! It's nice not too sweet, slightly chunky with the pineapple and pleasantly chewy and crunchy with the toasted coconut, and creamy buttercream and nice crumbs in the coconut cake. The only ingredient I forgot to add in, was some lime zest...oh well, maybe next time, but where? in the filling or with the frosting? Do you have any thoughts?


1 comment: