24 January, 2010

Valentine's Day ideas

I have been so busy juggling baking and working at the Jewelry studio, that I completely forgot to update for the Holidays...specifically Valentine's Day. It's already a busy weekend- my brother and niece share the 13th as their birthday, and it's New Year's on the 14th- Year of the TIger. So here's what I came up with in the last few hours...


These are red velvet cakes filled with dark chocolate custard, topped with vanilla meringue buttercream, accented with sables
with royal icing,



red sanding sugar and sugar pearls...for those who want the red and white theme.

I also was inspired by Martha Stewart Living Feb 2010 issue, and love the sophistication of the dark chocolate filagree hearts. It is suggested that you trace a heart shaped cookie cutter on parchment and trace...BUT I love the free handed "drawing" I can do with the chocolate and have some asymmetric hearts.


It's 21 days to Valentine's Day...enjoy the view!

2 comments: