06 September, 2009

Carrot Cake # ?

*sigh* wow, Friday really kicked my butt. I baked and assembled 7 different kinds of cupcakes and baked this 4 layer 8" carrot cake that was headed to West Chester University for the President and VPs. Heard that they loved it all, which did my heart good.

Every carrot cake looks different and I should take pictures of every one that leaves me. Right now, I'm having fun playing with the tips and pastry bags IF the frosting cooperates. I find that I have to frost, fridge, frost, fridge, till the whole thing gets done. I have the AC cranked up SO my poor husband is sitting on the sofa wrapped in on of our wool throws wondering when I'll be done. Soon? He just shoots me one of "those" looks.  I just can't get the kitchen cool enough or maybe because I'm just not working fast enough with the crumb coats, the final frost and decos. I'm hoping that in time ( and if the frosting would be the "perfect" consistency) that my proficiency will be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment