01 September, 2009

More tools and living in the forest

Today, we found out that the garage has had small snakes in it. Not sure what kind, thank goodness they were dead and dried up BUT the thought of them being in the garage makes me unhappy. Of course, my husband chimes in with the pest control tech to remind me that there are Eastern Diamondback Rattlers probably in our backyard! I will be screaming with no sound coming out of my mouth if I ever cross paths with those things. I also found out that the deer will eat grapes and green beans today. They pick up their heads to listen to you, but don't really care if you are 8' away tossing food at them. They need those cartoon bubbles above their heads..."oh, look, it's that crazy lady trying to sneak up on us", " oh, now what is she throwing at us?" "you give us grapes, and now you're tossing us veggies, what's up with that?" The joys of living on a mountain.

I picked up "Rose's Heavenly Cakes" today at B&N. It's a wonderful book and I love how Rose talks to you in the book giving you all her helpful hints. So today, I took the plunge and ordered a food scale in an effort and "leap of faith" of weighing all the baking ingredients instead of scoop and leveling. According to Rose, once I try it- I will never go back again. I hope so- the scale weighs as little as 1 gram to 6,000 grams and is coming from OK by the end of the week. Oh, good- one more thing to have on the counters, AND one more thing as a "business" expense.

I hope all my efforts are not in vain. I would really love for my little bakery business to take off and fly. It would be so wonderful, and I would be so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment