21 September, 2009

In a hole


I have been in a "hole" in the last 9 days. The house we are living in needed some tender loving care for a water leak, a surprise repair, a new appliance. Things needed some attention and all is good again.

Baking is still at the forefront for me. Helping friends with baking and baking for friends. I had an order on Saturday morning that was started at 9pm on Friday night that kept me going till 2am on Saturday morning. BUT don't they look pretty...the order was for 36 and I made 40 yummy, delicious treats.

I made "healthy" muffins for a friend who teaches 2nd grade. There are kids who are still coming to school hungry due to family circumstances. Share Our Strength is currently running their campaign that no child should be hungry! I agree, no kid should ever be hungry. It's hard enough being a kid, and how can you study at school when your tummy is growling that it is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment