30 August, 2009

I wanted to work with a buttercream, or a frosting just with butter, milk and powdered sugar. I baked up a batch of Devils Food cakes from the Magnolia Bakery cookbook, and tweaked a "buttercream" frosting recipe. A good friend of mine, who knows that I LOVE chocolate gave me a bar of Belgian dark chocolate with cassis (black currant). The flavor and aroma is chocolatey and very berry, in a good way.


I filled these with the "SuperFruit" from Trader Joes, that has Morello cherry, blueberry and pomegranate in it plus some chocolate sprinkles for good measure.
Then I made just "plain" ones, no filling and I thought I would frost them by hand. The buttercream was soft though not melting and did not give me the swirly definition I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment