19 November, 2009

How much do I love these...sables!


I REALLY, REALLY LOVE a wonderful butter cookie! There is nothing more delicious than butter, sugar, flour and a bit of salt. I have tried nearly everyone's recipe for butter cookies or sable. I tried the recipe in Paris Sweets and countless others. BUT I recently acquired PASTRY by Michel Roux over the summer and was intrigued by his recipe and technique. The technique is as if you were making pasta. Your fingers literally learn about the texture and feel as the fingertips gently, yet firmly massage the butter into the flour/ sugar mixture.
I have always done the "sanding" in my food processor, but I think from now on I will do the sabler by hand. It's a wonderful tactile experience.
It's time to snack on a few extras that aren't needed for a recipe...yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment