13 November, 2009

YUMMY, warm Apple Cranberry Tart goodness


Wow, it's 13 days till Thanksgiving! Here's close up of an Apple Cranberry frangipane tart...it's still warm, and I'm not sure if I want to brulee the apples or leave the beautiful contrast of the Gala apple skins and flesh with the cranberries. It's cloudy here today, so I'm still getting the hang of the tungsten lighting and metered flash that my brother was so kind enough to leave with me to practice.

I am so grateful for all the orders I have coming up for the holiday. I have 5 orders due on Tues and 5 orders due on Weds before the holiday so far. All JujyCakes friends have menus and know that the deadline for goodies is Thursday , the 19th- since my production schedule is limited. There is only one of me! Though I was thinking that I could prep weighing all the ingredients per recipe at least in the dry parts.

Anyhow, one day of rest till 3 orders for Sunday, that need to be delivered to Jersey City, NJ. It's a special favor to a friend and business acquaintance who spent 3 weeks with me in Morocco so many years ago. I'm really looking forward to seeing her and catching up.

Keep dry in this Nor'easter...can you imagine if it was all SNOW???

No comments:

Post a Comment