31 December, 2009

Cbocolate, chocolate, chocolate!


Imagine my eagerness to meet a client's challenge!

Tired of "Death by Chocolate" cakes- I was asked to make a chocolate cake that I would love to eat. Hmmm, moist dark chocolate cake with sour cream, melted chocolate and cocoa. Dark chocolate ganache with a blend of 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate and semi sweet with a touch of espresso, vanilla extract and Godiva liqueur. Dark chocolate mousse ( because who does not love whipped cream!?) with the same blend of chocolates. Yet this was not the "classic" chocolate mousse...whipped cream folded with dark chocolate custard.

Egg yolks cooked with light cream and whole milk, poured over the chocolate blend, then gently folded into the whipped cream, YUM!!!

Layers of cake with raspberry puree, ganache, mousse...that's my idea of the perfect chocolate cake! AND with the leftover ganache? Truffles, of course, rolled into Ghiradelli cocoa, till I can order more Perignotti cocoa...

Delightful, tasty, heavenly. I would like to make individual cakes the next time around, though I do love to see the tall slice filled with all those scrumptious layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment