24 December, 2009

Holiday Bake a palooza time!





WOW! I woke up on Wednesday morning at 5am and went to bed on Thursday at 3am. I was elbows deep in flour, all kinds of flour, chocolate and lemons...I had baking elves who assisted in cutting marshmallows, zesting and juicing lemons and keeping up with all the dishes- so I could keep going with all the production. Thank you to the elves!


I "upgraded" the 2 layer cake orders from 4 layers to 6 layers with a moist lemon cream cheese pound cake with Meyer lemon curd and lemon meringue buttercream. Since they were "blank" canvas, I colored the butter cookie dough and made holly leaves, and used raspberries. I love lemons and raspberries together. 



Also made dozens of cupcakes, carrot, chocolate, golden, coconut, brownies and several fillings, pecan, coconut rum, lemon curd! It takes longer to make all the components then the final assembly AND there is a limited amount of what you can do in advance. There are several cupcake bakeries that are making the "blanks" in advance, putting them in the freezer and pulling them out to frost right before the delivery date! AARGH, that is not baking to order! and I question the "freshness" and texture of the cakes.

Everything was picked up by 11am today, and now it's time for napping and relaxing,
then it's time to do some last minute gift wrapping of stocking stuffers and waiting for Santa!
Hope that everyone's Holiday is filled with magic, joy, hugs and something sweet.
Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment